Friday, January 18, 2008

PRACTICING WHAT WE PREACH

I have been sitting here for the past ten minutes and I have no clue what to write about. I am drained. I am tired beyond belief. I can't take much more. This page means so much to me and everyday in the world we live in I see a lot of hardship, suffering and blame. What's next? Where do we go from here? What can we expect? Life is terribly mysterious.

I think we should talk today about practicing what we preach.

Everyday we make promises about the things that affect us at the time:
"I won't drink ever again."
" I have told her/him I never want to see her/him again."
"I am not having those type of people in my life again."

The list just goes on and on. The human mind is always working up new reasonings, new suggestions and new challenges. When does it stop? NEVER!
We will always have things that we decide to do but when faced with the situation we will change our minds.

She walks back into your life after you say you will never see her again and what do you do? You take her back as if nothing had happened. He hurts you and you decide to never be around him again. "I will never love him again." But with one phone call you are back. Back in the world you vowed to never return to. Back sometimes to pain and suffering. Back to seeing that some people can't change. Back to the reality that some people leave but they return.

Darn world! What a misery you are! When we are happy too long you send us something to shake us up and make us fall down again. One day happiness can be coated in grey the next by sorrow. Honesty can be changed into deceit. The truth can become a lie.

What does this tell us? That MAN is strength yet weakness. Laughter yet sadness. Bossy yet humble. Demanding yet accepting. On a whole, we cannot practice what we preach more than 50 percent of the time. The other 50 percent we are pawns in the game called LIFE.

So what do we do then? Live today without reproach because tomorrow someone or something can change our lives for better or for worst. That is the reality of life. We may never be totalling happy all the time. We may be happy some of the time. AND if we can do something about our lives when we are sad, good for us. If we can't we will suffer the heart break, the loss or the deception.

Wouldn't it have been better to follow what we vowed? Wouldn't it have been better to focus on our preaching? Apparently not. We can't help but return to the past we enjoyed. The lifestyle and the people we had in our lives.
Hence, practicing what we preach is IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Sorry if this page marred your day or night.
I just had to write one of the realities of life. We can't have only the positive side of life. This is the REAL WORLD. Hopefully tomorrow's topic will be more cheerful and positive.

Yours,
Brenda Aurora

No comments: